Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Luciluna Stitches

For what it's worth, these are my stitching projects. Stitching is one of my greatest joys. I love the way the textures and colors seem to magically grow on the canvas. I love to play with new stitches, and see the flat surface of the canvas leap to life. I love the way different fibers catch the light. If I could, I probably would alternate stitching, blogging, reading and playing with the cats all day long!

I usually have 3-4 projects going at once. That way, if I feel like progress is slow on one of them, I can get more immediate gratification by switching to another project. I really love working on small canvases - goes along with the love of miniatures, I guess.

In this space, I will post pictures of finished canvases and works in progress. This is probably more for my own joy than the interest of others. Even though I have canvases framed and displayed throughout my house, as well as those that live with my niece and her 4 children, with my mother, my daughter, my son and his wife, and my friends, it's satisfying to have an overview as well.

If you are still with me, thank you. Your presence and your comments are truly welcome!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your stitching is beautiful,Luciluna. I didn't know it was involved in the recovery from your stroke. You have inspired me to pick up my cross-stitching again -- but I am so SLOW! -- muprof

Unknown said...

Hi luciluna,

I never thought of you as shy. I was very shy when I was young. Being liberated from being shy is one of the greatest things about getting older. I too have done needlework since I was a child.

I became a crochet nut for about five years in the 80's. I loved doing it so I could sit with my son and monitor the TV programs which I crocheted. I loved mixing yarns and making my own patterns. I sold a number of designs through a gallery. I was tempted by some yarns this fall but so far have not gottened "hooked" back into it. One day soon I'll get there.